Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mason's First Trip to the ER!

This morning Mason was over playing with Jake and Ellie, while Ashley and I were going to work on a craft project. A tent made out of couch cushions seemed like a good idea, until someone falls off the couch into the coffee table... who would have thought a round table could cause so much damage! I ran in when I heard the scream to find Mason's head gushing blood, I took one look and knew we were going to need stitches. It took all the strength we had to hold him down long enough to control the bleeding.... I knew it wasn't going to be an easy task to actually get the stitches. When we got to the ER- to my surprise, we actually got right in... everyone was great! The decision was made to sedate Mason in order to get the stitches in without having to pin him down on a papoose board, I don't think I could have taken it! While we were waiting for the Respiratory Therapist, Mason got to go out and sit in the fire truck that had just come to drop someone off... he was in heaven! The worst part of the whole ordeal was coming out of the sedation... it was so sad to see him so lethargic and sad... after about 2 hours he was awake enough to head home and he was himself again, he barked like a dog and sang the ABC's all the way home! Still very woozy and not too sure footed, but all is well!

Warning... the following pictures are a little graphic!



Before:





After:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing he is OK.

Livin' Life Day-by-Day said...

Oh my gosh, this is awful!!

gma said...

He looks horrible! I have to say I'm REALLY glad this didn't happen at my house :). He was so cute in the car. What a trooper-golf ball and all!

jen said...

So I had to come see after Cherilyn told me about this... oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, that must have been terrifying... I am so glad he is ok! We hope to see you both soon! Give that sweet little munchkin loves and it's just the way of a boy!