Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rascal Flats... and my Birthday!


First of all I want to thank my mom and dad for the Rascal Flats tickets for my birthday and for watching Mason while we were at the concert! And also a BIG thanks to Chris Hubbard who totally hooked us up on our seats.

The story goes something like this... Mike hates country music and I really wanted to go to the Rascal Flats concert, and it just so happened to be on my birthday. My mom had said that she wanted to get me tickets, but Mike didn't want to go, so she asked if I would want to go with my dad. I said of course, you are never to old for a daddy-daughter date. Mike had told me that he was going to take me to dinner before the concert, and then I would go with my dad after dinner. So it was not until we were at dinner that Mike surprised me that he was the one taking me to the concert. I didn't believe him, I think I asked him at least 2 more times if he wa serious. So we had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (and didn't have to wait, thanks to one of Mike's co-workers that works there). We got right in, had a great dinner and then headed for the concert. When we got there our seats were up in the upper bowl, it wasn't bad, but you couldn't see much because they did not have the Jumbo Tron going. After intermission we were told to check in with Guest Services to see if they could move us into some of the house seats... sure enough we landed in the 6th row just in time for Rascal Flats to come on stage! They put on a great show... Mike was pleasantly surprised at how much he enjoyed the show!

Thanks again to everyone for such a great day!

7 comments:

The Ottosen Family said...

How fun! That's awesome that Mike went with you. What a great surprise!

AOKI CIRCUS said...

Hah! Hah! I'm glad that the surprise went according to plan. I was afraid Tommy would blow it when he talked to you earlier that day. I thought maybe I had told him what was going on and not thinking he would let the cat out of the bag. But it all worked out! I'm glad you were excited!

The Ottosen Family said...

Can't wait to see pictures of Easter!!!!!!!

The Ottosen Family said...

You've been tagged... So get to it... Check out my blog for instructions!

AOKI CIRCUS said...

Update, update, update!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!
A Mae

AOKI CIRCUS said...

Freakin' update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ottosen Family said...

I'm with Ash... You need to update! You were tagged!